Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Pine Warblers continue at Winsor Dam despite cold weather and a little snow

Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Nov 22, 2023
Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Nov 22, 2023
Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Nov 22, 2023

After a cold snap with lows in the teens and then a little snow overnight and windy, rainy weather today I was not sure if the Pine Warblers were still hanging around in the area of Winsor Dam.  I was able to see one briefly yesterday but the flock it was with was moving into an off limit area so I could not follow them to see if there was more than one.  I really didn't expect to find them today with the weather conditions mentioned above.  Therefore I was a bit surprised when I had at least two in a mixed flock and I was able to get some marginal photos.  They really looked miserable with the wind and rain buffeting them.  With any luck they will stay put at least into the beginning of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment