Thursday, September 7, 2023

The first week of September

Nashville Warbler, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Sep 4, 2023
Common Yellowthroat, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Sep 4, 2023
American Redstart, UMASS, Amherst, MA, Sep 4, 2023
Blackpoll Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 5, 2023
Black and White Warbler and Bay breasted Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 5, 2023
Black and White Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 5, 2023
Black throated Green Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 5, 2023

After getting a bunch of warblers during the first three days of September I added several more by the end of the first week including some slightly unusual/late species including my latest ever Louisiana Waterthrush along the Jabish Canal on the 5th and a Mourning Warbler this morning.  I now have 24 species for the month and I'm still missing at least three species I'm likely to get before the month ends (Palm Warbler, Connecticut Warbler and Wilson's Warbler).  Overall it has been a bit slow despite getting a fairly high species total with many very quiet spots and very few larger mixed flocks.  I will certainly be out there looking as much as I possibly can.  The end of the first week finished very hot as we had our first official heat wave of the year (better late than never I suppose).  I expect a good influx coming in during the beginning of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment