Monday, December 16, 2019

Yellow rumped Warblers still around in the East Meadows into mid December

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Dec 16, 2019
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Dec 16, 2019
After failing to find any warblers still hanging out at Arcadia during a couple of brief early morning stops on Friday and Sunday mornings I headed over to the East Meadows instead on Monday morning and eventually found two Yellow rumped Warblers still in the area.  There may still be some around Arcadia but I didn't have much time to look on the two mornings before work plus the area was flooded after recent rains and lots of snow melt (probably the highest water levels I have seen along the Connecticut River in December).  I was not able to access as many areas as I wanted to this morning in the East Meadows either  due to the flooding so there may be even more than the two warblers I found in currently inaccessible areas.  I also made a stop along Aqua Vitae Road to follow up on an Orange crowned Warbler that Scott found there yesterday during the Northampton Christmas Bird Count but I had no luck in relocating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment