Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 22, 2026
Bay breasted Warbler, Ware, MA, Sep 20, 2026
Blackpoll Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Sep 15, 2026
Common Yellowthroat, Belchertown, MA, Sep 12, 2026
Black and White Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Sep 12, 2026
American Redstart, Belchertown, MA, Sep 11, 2026
Northern Parula, Belchertown, MA, Sep 11, 2026
I have tried to get out as much as possible to try to keep my mind off the recent loss of my long term birding buddy
Wilson but it has been tough. He was my near constant companion and most places I visit remind me of him. To say it has been a tough couple weeks is an understatement and trying to find joy has been an uphill climb. Warbler migration has peaked as the third week of September has come and gone. Without my good camera (which broke recently and just added to a shitty September) I have tried to lug around my old Canon 7D without a lot of success as far as capturing warblers...I honestly have not even tried to download the photos I have captured yet. Although still on the hunt for a Connecticut Warbler in the county for the year I have had a decent selection of warblers including a few late species and high counts among the 25 species so far. Perhaps I will add a few more photos when I get a chance but for now I just have some captures I got with my phone plus a few before my good camera broke...better than nothing I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment