Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September finally ends

Common Yellowthroat
Common Yellowthroat, Silvio Conte NWR- Fort River, Hadley, MA, Sep 30, 2026
Ovenbird
Ovenbird, Belchertown, MA, Sep 30, 2026
American Redstart
American Redstart, Belchertown, MA, Sep 29, 2026

The shitty month of September has finally come to an end and with it the warbler migration is on the rapid downhill slide.  I normally love September but with the loss of my best buddy Wilson on the 10th the month has been less than stellar for me.  I have certainly tried to get out as much as possible and birding has certainly helped a bit but it has been a tough month.  I managed a total of 26 species of warbler for the month (all in Hampshire County).  I'm hopeful October will be better and I'm in the midst of finishing up a warbler program for the Hampshire Bird Club that I will present on October 13th.  The topic will be warblers of Mexico...more on the program later.

No comments:

Post a Comment