Monday, January 1, 2024

Yellow rumped Warblers to start off the new year

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2024
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2024
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2024
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2024

I was out bright and early to kick off 2024 with a bit of owling before I started concentrating on tracking down at least one warbler for the new year.  I had a few options to choose from where warblers have been seen recently and I decided to try Mitch's Way as it has been the most consistent and has had overwintering Yellow rumped Warblers the last few years.  I was happy to have a flyover within twenty minutes of arriving and then came across a group of at least three feeding in some dense tangles.  With these Yellow rumped Warblers I extend my continuous streak of seeing at least one warbler species in Hampshire County to 81 months.  I made a few other stops on my way to my next destination for possible warblers, which was the area around of Winsor Dam in Quabbin Park.  I had hoped to find at least one Pine Warbler continuing but I came up empty for the day.  I will be back again at some point during the next couple days and hopefully I will have better luck. then

No comments:

Post a Comment