Thursday, January 11, 2024

At least one Pine Warbler continues at Winsor Dam following a snowstorm and then a big rainstorm


Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Jan 11, 2024
Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Jan 11, 2024
Pine Warbler, Winsor Dam, Quabbin Park, MA, Jan 11, 2024


After not being seen since my last sighting on January 5th (when I had three individuals) I relocated at least one (possibly two) Pine Warblers at Winsor Dam today.  I have been at the dam for at least some time most days when I was not working and missed on finding one again until today.  After a big snow storm followed by some cold weather and then heavy rain I was not sure they were still around.  The Pine Warbler was once again travelling in a mixed flock that contained some Eastern Bluebirds, like they were earlier in the fall.  Like the long staying Say's Phoebe, I really wonder where these warblers (and the bluebirds) are most of the time as I fail to see them on the majority of time I check on them.  Wherever they spend their time I'm just happy to see them surviving and glad they come around the dam from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment