Saturday, September 26, 2020

The first warbler shows up at the new water feature in the yard

Northern Parula (with White throated Sparrow), Home, Sep 26, 2020
Northern Parula (with Scarlet Tanager), Home, Sep 26, 2020

After several years of use my old water feature finally attracted its last birds a few weeks ago after it developed a leak.  During the time it was in operation I managed to capture 16 species of warbler using it.  I recently installed a new water feature (which is a bubbler atop a large rock) and the first warbler showed up today to use it...a Northern Parula.  I'm still working on the best camera angle to capture birds using it but I think I'm slowly figuring it out.  It will be interesting to see what else shows up this fall and especially next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment