Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Warblers on a short trip to the Finger Lakes

Bird families of the world mural with warblers represented by a Prothonotary Warbler , Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, NY, Aug 14, 2019
Fuller Wetland, Sapsucker Woods, Ithaca, NY, Aug 14, 2019
Back from a short (non birding) trip out to the Finger Lakes region of New York. We headed out on Sunday and stayed at the southern end of Seneca Lake for three nights. I got in a little birding first thing in the morning a couple days plus some additional birding during stops at Watkins Glen SP and Sapsucker Woods at Cornell in Ithaca.  I found a total of just five species of warblers but two (Louisiana Waterthrush at Watkins Glen SP and Chestnut sided Warbler at Sapsucker Woods) were new for me in the state. I have now seen 12 species of warbler in New York which is not too many but considering how infrequently I visit the state it is not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment