Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Another Yellow rumped Warbler

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 10, 2023
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 10, 2023
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 10, 2023

After getting out of work this morning I headed across the river to Hadley to try again in relocating a Yellow rumped Warbler I had in the area during early and mid December of 2022.  I tried to find the individual a few days ago but came up empty and I was afraid something had happened to the bird but I thought I would give it a few more tries before giving up on it as overwintering warblers can be tough to track down sometimes.  I was happy to see it is still surviving the winter in the same general area.  This makes at least four individual warblers in the county for the month with another Yellow rumped Warbler in the East Meadows and an amazing two Common Yellowthroats in Amherst (individual #1 and #2).  With no big cool downs or snow storms on the immediate horizon perhaps they will all continue into February...time will tell.  I will certainly be looking them all again as well as trying to turn up others in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment