Monday, January 2, 2023

A Yellow rumped Warbler for the new year

 

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 2, 2023
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 2, 2023
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 2, 2023

I had to work yesterday so this morning was my first opportunity to really start adding species for the new year.  I was not feeling great after getting out of work but I decided to make a brief foray down to the East Meadows to try to relocate one of two Yellow rumped Warblers I have caught up with previously in December (with the other across the river in Hadley).  I was afraid the warm weather and recent rain would make it too muddy to get to the area where the warbler was previously seen but the temps overnight were below freezing long enough to harden up the ground enough to drive down into the meadows.  I walked for a little bit and eventually turned the warbler up, adding another month to my streak of consecutive months of having at least one warbler species in Hampshire County (my total now stands at 69 months in a row).  I will try to track down the warbler in Hadley and hopefully find more in the next several days, if I start feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment