Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Worm eating Warblers along the Mt. Holyoke Range


Worm eating Warbler, Mt. Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jun 14, 2022
Worm eating Warbler, Mt. Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jun 14, 2022
Black and White Warbler, Mt. Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jun 14, 2022
Looking north from Rattlesnake Knob, Mt. Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jun 14, 2022

With a few hours available this morning I headed to the Mt. Holyoke Range SP with two goals.  The first was to try to locate a Hooded Warbler for Hampshire County for the year and the second to inventory Worm eating Warblers.  Although I struck out on the first goal and found no Hooded Warblers I had much better luck with Worm eating Warblers.  I hiked around four miles coming in from Bachelor Street in Granby and then up to Rattlesnake Knob and then back down.  I ran across at least eight Worm eating Warblers with at least one carrying food.  All but one of the birds was singing so the total number of individuals present is likely nearly double what I counted.  The species is well distributed along the range and I suspect there are probably a couple of dozen pairs present.  

No comments:

Post a Comment