Thursday, May 12, 2022

Western type Palm Warbler at the house


Palm Warbler 'western', Home, Belchertown, MA, May 11, 2022
Palm Warbler 'western', Home, Belchertown, MA, May 11, 2022

At the end of the day yesterday evening I was out on the deck and heard a Palm Warbler call and when I finally got a look at it I noticed it was a western subspecies which is rather unusual in spring around here.  In fact I only have a few records of the subspecies anytime in the spring.  It took a bit to even get marginal photos before the bird moved off.

The warblers have really started to arrive but I think the next few morning through the weekend will feature the peak as far as overall diversity is concerned and I will be out tracking down as many as I can.  I'll try to post a summary by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment