Thursday, December 15, 2022

Yellow rumped Warbler continues in Hadley

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Dec 15, 2022
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Dec 15, 2022

At least one Yellow rumped Warbler continued through at least today in Hadley, in the same spot I have had one for a few weeks so hopefully it will overwinter (although I won't be able to participate in the Northampton Christmas Bird Count I at least found the species for count week).  I struck out the last few days on finding any other Yellow rumped Warblers or relocating the Common Yellowthroat I had in Amherst on the 12th.  I covered a lot of good habitat but finding warblers around here in the winter is tons of looking with very little finding.  The warbler in Hadley was eating poison ivy berries (as they commonly do in the winter around here) and there seemed to be a good supply.  There were lots of bittersweet berries around too but I didn't see it eating any of them.  I will continue to check on this bird and try to find others as the winter marches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment