Monday, December 17, 2018

Another Yellow rumped Warbler

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Aqua Vitae Rd, Hadley, MA, Dec 17, 2018
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Aqua Vitae Rd, Hadley, MA, Dec 17, 2018
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Aqua Vitae Rd, Hadley, MA, Dec 17, 2018
I caught up with another Yellow rumped Warbler this morning after following up on a report of one seen yesterday by Scott S. along Aqua Vitae Road in Hadley during the Northampton Christmas Bird Count (CBC).  Although I had a Yellow rumped Warbler earlier in December up in Hatfield it was just a flyover and I hoped to catch up with another before the month came to an end.  It is a species that shows up on the CBC with some regularity here so once I saw that Scott had one I texted him to get details and followed up on those details late in the morning.  The bird was not super cooperative but I managed to get several looks and some marginal photos.  Now I have seen and photographed a warbler species in every month this year in Hampshire County...something I have never been able to accomplish before this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment