Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Yellow rumped Warbler at Arcadia on January 2nd in below zero weather

Not what I was expecting to find on a morning that started off at a bone chilling -14 degrees but it was a nice surprise.  I initially heard the bird calling near the parking lot at Arcadia from an area near the house there.  The bird then flew and continued to call as it disappeared to the south.  I tried to relocate in the area I last heard it but I could not turn it back up until I was heading back to my car and heard it once again in flight and tried desperately to get my phone out to get a recording but I was not quick enough to capture it.  I will try to find it on another day in the near future.  Amazing that this bird is still around despite our record setting cold spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment