Friday, May 20, 2011

Ohio warblers

Bay breasted Warbler, Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, OH, May 11, 2011

Prothonotary Warbler, Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, OH, May 11, 2011

I just returned from a week long trip to Ohio. Another great trip despite some tough weather at the end. The temperatures dropped to the 50's with wind, low clouds and drizzle. The birds had a tough time during this weather but they seemed to survive in the shelter of the woods along the lake shore and gave arm length looks of themselves. I spent most of my time in northwest Ohio with a day trip up to Michigan to find the Kirtland's Warbler. The trip yielded a total of 32 warbler species with one a life bird...the Kirtland's Warbler. I will be posting photos from the trip over the next few weeks as I find spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment