Friday, April 21, 2023

Record early date for Yellow Warbler and other new arrivals among eight species of warbler today

Yellow Warbler, Rail trail, Amherst, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Black and White Warbler, Rail trail, Amherst, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Black throated Green Warbler, Piper Farm Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Piper Farm Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Palm Warbler 'yellow', Piper Farm Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Pine Warbler, Piper Farm Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Apr 21, 2023
Pine Warbler, Piper Farm Conservation Area, Belchertown, MA, Apr 21, 2023

I was out checking many spots this morning in the hopes of finding a Yellow throated Warbler in Hampshire County after two showed up yesterday in the area with one in Franklin County and another in Hampden County.  Although I missed on finding a Yellow throated Warbler I did have my best day so far for the spring as far as diversity is concerned with eight species of warbler including a new record early date for me for Yellow Warbler (previous earliest was April 23 in both 2022 and 2017) and a tie for my earliest date with Black throated Green Warbler (tied with 2019).  Besides the two early warblers I had my first of the year Black and White Warblers today.  Migration conditions were good last night and look to be good again tonight so I suspect more arrivals tomorrow and I will be out again looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment