Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Two warbler species to end the month

Common Yellowthroat, Honey Pot, Hadley, MA, Nov 30, 2021
Common Yellowthroat, Honey Pot, Hadley, MA, Nov 30, 2021
Common Yellowthroat, Honey Pot, Hadley, MA, Nov 30, 2021

I ended the month of November with a couple of species of warbler on yet another very cold morning (temps in the teens).  I went out after work to check a few areas for anything noteworthy with a start at Arcadia where I had a flyover Yellow rumped Warbler that was gone before I could get a photo or recording (I may have heard a second one later in the morning but not entirely sure as I heard it just once as I was walking).  I then went across the river to the Honey Pot where I turned up the continuing Common Yellowthroat.  I tried to turn up other warblers but no luck...I was nonetheless happy to have two species around to end November.  I'm sure they will stick around into early December but I'm headed elsewhere again in search of warblers...more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment