Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A couple of species of warblers to start off November

 

Palm Warbler 'yellow', Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Nov 2, 2021
Palm Warbler 'yellow', Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Nov 2, 2021
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Wentworth Farm Conservation Area, Amherst, MA, Nov 2, 2021

The month of November has so far produced two species of warblers in Hampshire County.  My main focus when I headed out this morning was to hit several areas in search of lingering species of warbler and I managed to find several Yellow rumped Warblers (not unexpected) as well as a late Palm Warbler.  I struck out on finding any other species but I'm still hopeful some lingering warblers will be found over the next couple weeks.  Thankfully the weather was fairly calm for the first few hours of the day which made trying to find passerines a bit easier than the previous day.  

Palm Warbler 'yellow', Herman Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Nov 1, 2021
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Herman Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Nov 1, 2021

Despite the windy weather for most of the day yesterday I still managed to find a couple species of warbler including a late Palm Warbler and several Yellow rumped Warblers at multiple locations.  I had to rely on my iPhone to get photos through binoculars as I was out walking Wilson when I found the warblers.

No comments:

Post a Comment