Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Yellow rumped Warblers to start December

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Dec 1, 2020
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Dec 1, 2020

December started off warm and windy with temperatures in the 50's for most of the day.  Despite the wind I figured I would try to catch up with any lingering warblers I could find to kick off the month and I found a couple Yellow rumped Warblers at Arcadia.  This makes another year of finding at least one warbler species every month (if I can find another species this month then I will have at least two warbler species for every month of 2020 thanks to the Pine Warbler that Carol hosted all last winter).  This now marks 44 consecutive months of finding at least one warbler species in Hampshire County.  I will certainly try to find more over the course of the month and into the new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment