Friday, March 1, 2019

Yellow rumped Warbler in East Meadows continues into March


Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Mar 1, 2019
I spent some time this morning  after work on the first day of March going to the East Meadows to see if the Yellow rumped Warbler was still present.  I last made my way over there on February 5th and found the bird in roughly the same area it has been all winter.  During the past month we have had multiple bouts of typical winter conditions with some bitter cold and occasional snow and ice so I wasn't sure it would still be around.  I made my way down to the area with some very light snow falling and temperatures in the teens but thankfully little wind.  After just a short time of looking I found the bird once again but it never came in very close to get decent photos.  I was happy to see it still going strong and providing me with a warbler for the the month already and only the second year I have turned up at least one warbler for every month in the winter in Hampshire County (last year was the first time).

No comments:

Post a Comment