Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Yellow rumped Warbler in East Meadows


Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 15, 2019
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 15, 2019
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 15, 2019
Now that I have returned from the tropics (for a short time anyway) I have been trying to find any lingering warblers in Hampshire County while catching up with more typical species.  There was a Common Yellowthroat reported in Hadley several days ago but it appears to have moved on.  I have put in a concerted effort to try to find a warbler and my effort paid off this morning when I found a Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle' in the East Meadows.  Last year was the first year I was able to find a warbler in January around here and I was happy to find another this year.  It looked to be in an area with enough food to sustain it through the winter and I will check up on it periodically to see if it makes it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment