Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Yellow rumped Warbler continues in East Meadows but no sign of the Common Yellowthroat in Amherst

Dawn, East Meadows, Northampton, MA, Jan 23, 2019
Following our snow and sleet storm and bitter cold temperatures and before the heavy rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow I headed out this morning looking for the two warblers I had found earlier in the month (Yellow rumped Warbler and Common Yellowthroat).  I started off in the East Meadows and the going was a lot tougher than last time I was down there and had to walk much further to get to where I had the warbler but the effort paid off when I relocated it.  I was not able to get any photos this time but it was good to see it was still around and I will certainly check back on it again once February arrives.  My attempt to relocate the yellowthroat came up empty but it could still be in the area as the last time I saw it it only showed very briefly and never made a sound.  Hopefully it did make it through the recent cold and snow.  I will try for it again a few more times before I give up on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment