Common Yellowthroat, Amherst, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Northern Yellow Warbler, Amherst, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Black throated Blue Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Black and White Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Blackpoll Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Cape May Warbler, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Ovenbird, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Nashville Warbler, Belchertown Land Trust Trail, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Jabish Canal, Belchertown, MA, Oct 1, 2026
Common Yellowthroat, Hickory Ridge Conservation Area, Amherst, MA, Oct 2, 2026
October started off with a return to warmer conditions with temps well above normal with the 70's yesterday and the low 80's today. Yesterday was mainly cloudy with a couple brief showers and today was sunnier with a strengthening south wind throughout the day. With the new month I was out searching for warblers and yesterday I had a total of 15 species including my first Orange crowned Warbler for the year in the county plus two slightly late species with a Northern Yellow Warbler and a Cape May Warbler as I covered a number of areas in Amherst and Belchertown. Today I headed to Hadley and Amherst before working my way toward home. Much reduced numbers of warblers today with just five species (likely thanks to the wind making it tough to track down movement). I only had one new species for the month today with a single Palm Warbler. The winds will turn to a more northerly direction overnight and hopefully this will entice some more species to migrate into the area.
No comments:
Post a Comment