Blackburnian Warbler fledgling, Mount Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jul 3, 2026
Chestnut sided Warbler fledgling, Quabbin Park, MA, Jul 4, 2026
Kirtland's Warbler, Marinette County, WI, Jul 10, 2026
Golden winged Warbler, Marinette County, WI, Jul 10, 2026
Black throated Green Warbler, Mt Holyoke Range SP, Granby, MA, Jul 31, 2026
With multiple stops away from home out west during the month plus the typical selection of breeding warblers in the area I had my highest count for warblers I have ever had for July with an impressive 32 species. The total included three new species for the year with Kirtland's Warbler, Golden winged Warbler and Connecticut Warbler bringing my big US warbler year up to 51 species. My trips away included
Minnesota and Wisconsin (where I has the three species mentioned above),
Alaska and
Oregon. I also caught up with multiple breeding species in the local area with lots of evidence of breeding. Now on to August and the first arrivals from the north.
No comments:
Post a Comment