Sunday, October 30, 2022

End of October

 

Palm Warbler 'yellow', Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Oct 30, 2022
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River, Hadley, MA, Oct 30, 2022
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Herman Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Oct 30, 2022
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Herman Covey WMA, Belchertown, MA, Oct 30, 2022

I ended the month of October with a few stops looking for warblers on my way home from work.  I initially was going to stop by the East Meadows to take advantage of a no hunting day but the fog was thick when I arrived so I instead headed across the river and made a brief stop along a very frosty Aqua Vitae Road but didn't find much there and the fog was fairly thick at that location also.  I then went over to Silvio Conte NWR-Fort River and after it warmed up a bit I started getting a few late warblers with the highlights being a very uncooperative Common Yellowthroat plus at least four Palm Warblers.  I also had half a dozen Yellow rumped Warblers.  I then headed further east and made a half hour stop at Herman Covey WMA where I had more Yellow rumped Warblers.  I ended the month with 17 species of warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment