Friday, September 9, 2022

Warblers the last couple days after a few days of rain

American Redstart, Ware, MA, Sep 8, 2022
Black and White Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 8, 2022
Black throated Green Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 8, 2022
Chestnut sided Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 8, 2022
Northern Parula, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 9, 2022
Yellow Warbler, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 9, 2022
Canada Warbler, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 9, 2022
Nashville Warbler, Arcadia, Northampton, MA, Sep 9, 2022

After a few days of rainy weather that put a big dent in our drought and brought in a multitude of shorebirds (post #1 and #2 on the shorebirds) the weather changed to sun and winds out of the north or calm the last couple nights resulting in more warbler arrivals with great migration conditions.  The overall numbers and variety were a bit less than expected given the conditions but good nonetheless.  Yesterday I stayed mainly in the local area with visits to Quabbin Park, Ware and Pelham and got a few new warbler species for the month.  Today I spent a few hours at Arcadia before I had to break off the birding a little before 8:30 to go and take a class at work.  It was just starting to really get active when I left so it was hard to pull myself away.  I got a few more warbler species for the month plus my first Cape May Warbler of the fall.  I expect to see a big influx of birds sometime over the next few days as the warbler migration peaks for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment