Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Years Day Yellow rumped Warblers

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2022
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Jan 1, 2022

Despite the rain, drizzle, fog and overall murky weather that began 2022 I still managed to turn up at least two Yellow rumped Warblers in the area of Mitch's Way in Hadley.  The warblers were a major target for me when I headed out after work this morning.  I was not sure the weather would cooperate as the forecast called for on and off rain throughout the morning.  Although the drizzle eventually soaked me, it was still tolerable enough to be outside (the above average temperatures certainly helped).  After a muddy walk in I turned up first one and then two Yellow rumped Warblers feeding on poison ivy berries in the same area I had them several days ago.  This moves my streak with at least one warbler species in Hampshire County to 57 consecutive months. It will be interesting to see if they are able to hang on throughout the winter...I will certainly be checking up on them as the winter continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment