Thursday, December 16, 2021

Yellow rumped Warbler today

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Dec 16, 2021
Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Mitch's Way, Hadley, MA, Dec 16, 2021

Although I have been very limited in my ability to get out for a variety of reasons I did get out for a few hours this morning before I had to head back home.  With the record warmth for the day (hitting a high of 61 late in the day) it was pleasant to be outside.  My main focus was on trying to find some warblers for December and get some photos (I did have a flyover Yellow rumped Warbler a few days ago in Amherst but had no time to go looking for it and did't get any photos).  I started off at the Honey Pot in the hopes of finding a Palm Warbler that had been seen earlier in the month but no luck with that one.  I then went a bit further south to Mitch's Way and after a bit of looking had at least one and possibly two Yellow rumped Warblers.  It took a lot of effort to get even marginal photos as they were not cooperative photographic subjects at all.  With this sighting I have now had 56 continuous months of finding at least one warbler species in Hampshire County.  

No comments:

Post a Comment