Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September begins with a late Louisiana Waterthrush

Blackburnian Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 1, 2020
Blackburnian Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, Sep 1, 2020
I started September by getting out before dawn and making a few stops around the local area including Lake Wallace and Quabbin Park (where I spent most of my time).  The most unusual warbler for the morning was heard very early on at Lake Wallace when I had a very late Louisiana Waterthrush singing a partial song three times just as I arrived.  My attempts to track it down for a photo failed but not for lack of effort.  Migration is certainly well underway with a variety of mixed flocks seen over the course of the morning.  I had eleven species of warblers for the morning with a few still singing but most silently moving through.

No comments:

Post a Comment