Friday, May 1, 2020

Loads of Yellow rumped Warblers (and a few others) to begin May

Yellow rumped Warbler 'myrtle', Quabbin Park, MA, May 1, 2020
Palm Warbler 'yellow', Quabbin Park, MA, May 1, 2020
Black and White Warbler, Quabbin Park, MA, May 1, 2020
Black throated Green Warbler, Home, Belchertown, MA, May 1, 2020
May started off with some early morning rain but it eventually stopped mid morning but the rain didn't deter the warblers as the insects were out in force in among the freshly leafing out trees.  After getting out of work I made my way over to Quabbin Park where I had nearly two hundred Yellow rumped Warblers as well as continued numbers of Palm Warblers and an influx of Black and White Warblers as well as Pine Warblers and a Louisiana Waterthrush.  I got a couple iPhone videos of the large flocks of Yellow rumped Warbler (and some Palm Warblers) and these can be viewed at the following links:  video 1video 2.  After my time in the park I stopped by Winsor Dam where I had a great fallout of waterfowl and gulls plus at least 85 Yellow rumped Warblers moving through.  The rest of the day I spent around the house and I had a Black throated Green Warbler that was around for quite awhile and almost made it down to the water feature but not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment