Friday, April 12, 2019

A look at the upcoming warbler migration in Hampshire County and at home

Pine Warbler, Home, Belchertown, MA, Apr 10, 2019
Pine Warbler, Home, Belchertown, MA, Apr 6, 2019
Pine Warblers, Home, Belchertown, MA, Apr 4, 2019
As the migration season of spring warblers starts ramping up over the next few weeks I will take a look my totals over the years in Hampshire County and at home.  I'm going to concentrate on warblers in the county once again this season in the hopes of finding some unusual stuff while enjoying the more common species.  Overall I have had a total of 35 species in Hampshire County with the only species left to add being very rare species.  Over the years at home I have found a total of 28 species of warbler (including some rarities) but have still not had a Blue winged Warbler...hopefully I can finally add that species this year!  I have a number of cameras up around the yard that will hopefully catch some warbler visitors once again this year.  Until the rest of the warblers arrive I have been entertained by Pine Warblers enjoying the suet feeder and the water feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment