Monday, September 3, 2012

Early September warblers

Pine Warbler, Prescott Peninsula, MA, Sep 1, 2012


On September 1st I headed into Prescott Peninsula to check on several field complexes there to set up some survey points for next season.  During my time in there I had a great morning birding and ran across several mixed species flocks with a total of 14 warbler species with highlights including my first of year Cape May Warbler, a Bay-breasted Warbler, 3 Canada Warblers, and 4 Northern Parula's.  Other warblers seen on Prescott included Magnolia, Black throated Green, Black throated Blue, Blackburnian, Black and White, Chestnut-sided and Pine Warblers as well as American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, and Ovenbird.The next day at Quabbin Park I added Prairie Warbler for the month and today I added Northern Waterthrush at Arcadia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment